Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

In all thy ways acknowledge Him

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Substance – March 12th, 2017 In all thy ways acknowledge Him

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Espaid
    Participant

Proverbs 3: 5-6
    Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I’ve always loved this citation from Proverbs and have used it many times, and it is very comforting. But I’m not sure I really have taken it to heart. So, I looked up what it means to acknowledge him in all thy ways. Well, duh, it means for EVERY little and big thing, to go to God first and only.

From Gill’s Exposition of the Entire Bible:

“… Set him before thee; have him always in view; consider him as ever present with thee, observing every step thou takest; and take not one step without his leave, and without his advice; ask wisdom of him who gives liberally; consult his word, and make the Scriptures thy counsellors … when things go cross and adverse, and not to your mind, submit to his sovereignty; and be still and know that he is God, that does all things right, for his own glory and his people’s good, Psalm 46:10; and when things succeed, give him the glory of all; own his hand in it, and the bounty of it; acknowledge that all you have, in providence and grace, come from him.”

chardelle

Thank you! This Proverb is exactly the truth and was proven this week for my family and me. We were in a situation that appeared to be adverse, but with a practitioner’s help and acknowledging God as Omnipotent and leaning on Him and not human power, we were shown the correct paths and all is well and prayer is being continued for everyone.

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you for this post!

These two verses of Proverbs were my guide throughout my searching years, searching for the right path! Through every trial, thick and thin, I repeated these words. They were always a comfort. And all paths led to the Plainfield Church! Interestingly I don’t refer to these as much as before, as I’ve made progress: the teaching in this church has taught me how to keep my focus on God, keeping me on the right path. I am so grateful to be able to live Christian Science now, instead of just wishing I could live it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.