Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

In Good Hands

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heidi
    Participant

“Behold! I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands.” (Isaiah 49: 16)

When I read those words, I had a flashback to a time when I was teaching, and giving my class a test. As I walked around the room monitoring, I noticed one of my student’s looking at his hands every now and then. Upon further inspection, I saw he had the answer’s to several of the test questions written on the palms of both of his hands. Later, when I questioned him about it, he told me he did it so he could study the answer’s before taking the test. He said that in this way, he could remember, and not forget, because the answer’s were always in front of him no matter what he did. However, when he went to wash the answer’s off before the test, they wouldn’t wash off, because he had written them with permanent black marker.

God has each of our name’s written on the palms of his hands. He remembers each one of us. We are always in front of him. Like a tattoo, we are engraved there. impossible to be removed. What awesome imagery this brought to my mind! We are all held in God’s hands. In them, we can find refuge, solace, and comfort. His hand’s guide us and encourage us. His hand’s become a mighty fist should we need protection or defense. I often sing the song, “He has the Whole World in His Hand’s.” This includes our Nation, our Government, and the name of Independent Christian Science Church, Plainfield, N.J.

We have nothing to fear. “Rejoice, for your names are written in heaven.” (Luke 10: 20).

barbw
    Participant

Beautiful. Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.