Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

In the sight of the Lord

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – July 3rd, 2016 In the sight of the Lord

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gary
    Participant

Moses gives us a very basic rule in Deuteronomy for judging all of our actions: “thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the Lord.” It took me a long time to realize that this is the only test that matters for judging anything I do or say. I spent years trying to please people, hoping it would be right and good in their sight, thinking that it was the “loving” thing to do. After a while, a good teacher here helped me to see that the best thing, not only for me, but for anyone else, is for my actions to please God first, last, and always.

I have found that “love” without principle is merely human love, not divine Love at all. When I learned that God is Principle as well as Love, then it started to make sense. You just can’t go around feeling lovey-dovey with people, or trying to please them, and expect anything to work out well, either for yourself or for anyone around you. We should always look to care for others, but what lifts humanity and heals is the Love that is based on divine Principle, and that is what pleases God. It may be that not everyone will be “pleased” with your actions when you are striving to please God only, but it will nevertheless be the best thing for them.

Florence
    Participant

SH 587 GOD. The great I AM; the all-knowing, all-seeing, all-acting, all-wise , all-loving, and eternal; Principle; Mind; Soul; Spirit; Life; Truth; Love; all substance; intelligence.

Yes, only what pleases God must come first, that is why we also make a law that He (All-wise) governs what we think and say… thus the right words at the right time can come out for the needed effect. I love to use this: “the law of harmony and love is the law to everything I’ll think and say or do that shall occur within the radius of my thought or experience this day or any day forever.” Bicknell Young 1937 College p. 21
    And also from the Bible, “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” Ps. 19
    I find that subjecting myself thus, prevents the use of “mistaken” words at wrong times and avoids tainting what is going on or adding to the many misconceptions about Christian Science. I must remember that the impersonal nature of error, especially when being rebuked, is largely misunderstood. I must see what animal magnetism tries to do and not allow it! Try to always get “self” out of the way. The All-wise is NEVER mistaken.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.