Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

In your patience

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

Luke 21:19
    “In your patience, possess ye your souls.”

John Gill’s Exposition of the Bible:
    “By patiently bearing all afflictions, reproaches, indignities, and persecutions, enjoy yourselves; let nothing disturb or distress you; possess that peace and joy in your souls, which the world cannot take away; see (Romans 5:3-5)…. and the sense may be this; by patient continuance, or by perseverance in the ways of God, and the truths of Christ unto the end, ye shall be saved; shall find your lives, and enjoy your souls, as in (Matthew 10:22 ‘the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.’).”

“Do not be caught by this snare of the devil. Know that God made man, that all God’s works are perfect; that health and harmony are eternal laws of God, and are present facts. Resting in this assurance, be hopeful, cheerful, patient and persistent. Maintain the joy of the Lord. Rule out all inharmonious and ungodlike emotions and sentiments. Keep them out by relying on God and by meditating on His law.” Kratzer
    (Click on name and you can read full article, “Discouragement Outlawed”)

I am very grateful for the teachings at Plainfield Independent church, in standing firm and persisting, in our understanding of God. Before Plainfield I had no idea of the need for or how to detect evil’s intent to take us away from God or how to defend myself from its attacks. The greatest lesson I am learning is to be disciplined in my thinking and acting. The other is not to be discouraged rather to keep my joy in the Lord. As we are told to keep a tool in one hand and a sword in the other.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.