Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Is There Any Power Apart From God? Seriously?

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Why would anyone seek other help apart from God? Only if they believed there is a power apart from our Father-Mother, our ” Great Redeemer and Friend.”

When people to go to fortune tellers, witch doctors, materia medica or anything else, it is because they either know not God or they do believe that is where the power to heal, save or even comfort lies. I am grateful that I now clearly realize that anything I allow to disturb my thinking is something I still BELIEVE has more power than God. This has to be why in Science and Health we read:

There is no power apart from God. Omnipotence has all power and to acknowledge any other power is to dishonor Him.p.228
    No power can withstand Divine of Love. p.224
    The power of Christian Science and Divine Love is Omnipotent, it is indeed adequate to UNCLASP the hold and to destroy sin, disease and death.p.412 (Emphasis added).
    What God cannot do, man need not attempt. p.231

The Bible as well as Mrs. Eddy’s other writings have endless statements about God’s Omnipotence, Omnipresence, Omniscience and Omni-action….
    This simple statement, “Is there anything above God’s head?” from Dorothy Rieke’s Wonderful Things are Happening, is another quick reminder.

Is is not wise then to spend enough time making our own, in order to be aware consistently of the Supremacy of our ever-present God? Other systems may heal physically, while God alone heals both physically and morally! Should we even begin to think about the costs involved in other systems? Let’s NOT forget this LAW, I AM ALL!

C.M.G.
    Participant

WONDERFUL! Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.