Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Jesus' first move, give thanks

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Probation After Death — April 26th, 2020 Jesus' first move, give thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

In thinking about the experience of Jesus raising Lazurus in the lesson this week, I asked myself what new inspiration can I receive after having read this story over the years so many times? What came to me was, who made the first move and why? Jesus did not need Lazurus to “come forth” before he “lifted up his eyes, and say “Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. He “knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.” Then “he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth,…” Jesus knew he could give thanks to God because he had had so many proofs already of God’s power. He also knew who had the authority, it wasn’t the mortal picture that everyone around him was seeing but it was what the Christ was knowing that had all the authority. So this is a reminder to me that before I even ask God for anything that I think I need or desire I must first begin with “I know that thou hearest me always” and is why I am so grateful for all the good already received. I know that you are the one and only source of all good and am so grateful to be learning this. I know my prayer has already been answered because as the Bible says “Before they call I will answer.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.