Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Jim

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Izzy_S
    Participant

I was so touched to hear of the passing of Jim on the Round Table, March 13th. I have so enjoyed hearing his cheery voice giving testimonies and he has truly inspired me by his testimony of having read Science and Health I think it was 76 times! I am just a little behind you on that one, Jim.
    It was so touching to hear how church members had travelled to be with him. Love knows no boundaries or limits. Much love to all those who knew him, his was clearly a graduation with honours.

Imogene Hewett
    Participant

So beautiful to see Jim honoured in this way! I never met Jim, but I loved his testimonies so much; so loving, clear and strong! The poem read at the roundtable about the trained vocal artist being no comparison for the advanced spirituality of the man who “knew the shepherd” when reading the Psalm. A wonderful and loving tribute to a wonderful and loving child of God. Much love to Jim in your new estate! Much love to all at Plainfield!

Izzy_S
    Participant

Imogene, thank you sooo much for your beautiful testimony from a little while ago when you spoke of passing as graduation. It is the most beautifu thought and description. I have shared this word with many people, all of whom gave a little smile when they heard it, it has spread much comfort and peace. Huge thanks to you!

Imogene Hewett
    Participant

O dear Izzy, that is sooo lovely! Thankyou so much! A couple of years ago our dear beloved Practitioner passed on. Many people loved him so very very much and today they continue to love him as they press on in the pathway that he showed to us. One day around that time I was weeping about how much I missed his Christly instruction and his loving spirit and I heard crystal clear in thought “don’t worry Immy, I have graduated”. This was accompanied by such a sense of Joy and humour that my tears just dried up instantly and I laughed with joy, becuse it was so utterly like him to say this, and I felt his JOY. In sharing this with people who knew him they each smiled. So, isn’t it just wondeful that we have so much love given to us by our Father Mother God; that those who are Spiritually minded hear and know and recognise immediately when it is God who is speaking. For God knoweth His own. Thankyou dear Izzy for your lovley comments on the forum which I read a lot 🙂 I am honoured to be serving on the Watch with you and with all at Plainfield. Man is indeed immortal, everlastling, pure and free! Lots of love to you and yours!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.