Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Keep in Mind The Verity of Being

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 414 : 19-5 The Christian Scientist’s argument rests on the Christianly scientific basis of being. The Scripture declares, “The Lord He is God [good]; there is none else beside Him.” Even so, harmony is universal, and discord is unreal. Christian Science declares that Mind is substance, also that matter neither feels, suffers, nor enjoys. Hold these points strongly in view. Keep in mind the verity of being, — that man is the image and likeness of God, in whom all being is painless and permanent.

Many times Mrs. Eddy warns to stick to the Truth of Being. As we clear thought of wrong suggestions, our vision changes to see more of what is true about us; it is a must that we constantly go to this Truth about man. It took me a long time to readily do this but it can be done if we simply remain consistent. I heard and read it many times but I was not staying with it, my eye was on getting healed of fear. It is the enticing focus on what is the opposite which retards our progress (especially when the claim is physical); but that breaks if we consistently know the Truth and stop the preoccupation of what appears wrong. Our true “Being” with substance entirely spiritual is harmony, holiness, and immortality, Mrs. Eddy says SH 492. As we understand this we KNOW Sin, Disease and Death CANNOT be real.

Wonderful Lesson, thanks to the Lesson writer!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.