Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Keep your joy

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

Today my practitioner reminded me to keep my grin ahead of my groan. It occurred to me that Joseph, from the story in the Bible lesson this week, must of had a sense of joy among other qualities to be able to keep his peace despite all that was thrown his way. This thought made me appreciate more the place joy has in all we do and for the glory of God. Below is a poem I came across yesterday.

Take Joy Home,
    And make a place in thine own heart for her,
    And give her time to grow, and cherish her!
    Then will she come and often sing to thee
    When thou art working in the furrows! ay,
    Or weeding in the sacred hour of dawn.
    It is a comely fashion to be glad—
    Joy is the grace we say to God.—Selected

The Christian Science Journal |Vol. 16 No. 9 |December 1898

C.M.G.
    Participant

Thank you for the lovely poem. I love the last line-“Joy is the grace we say to God.” Say goodbye to the dumps.

Susanne
    Participant

Beautiful, thank you! As much as I may know all about joy, sometimes I’m not feeling it like I should. This is very helpful! “Keep my grin ahead of my groan.” Ha!

chardelle

Yes, thank you for the post and the poem! I have always loved the story of Joseph and although I thought of him as faithful, moral, and patient I never gave him enough credit for being cheerful and joyful….even in adversity. A little prayer I like to say in the morning is”..go out in joy and go forth in peace.”

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by chardelle.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by chardelle.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.