Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Launch Out Into The Deep

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man – March 4th, 2018 Launch Out Into The Deep

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Luke 5:4,11
    4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
    11 And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.
    These verses always give me pause, they make me remember the many times when things have not resulted in the outcomes I wanted and have been required to trust God and follow His path. Some of those times have brought my greatest revelations of the Christ Truth of God’s Allness. They have been the most trying times but each have left me with a greater spiritual understanding, a priceless reward for going deeper into my conviction of Mind’s Allness.

Matthew Henry’s commentary reads in part about this experience:
    “With what cheerfulness may we go about the duties of our calling, when we have been with God, and thus have our worldly employments sanctified to us by the word and prayer! Though they had taken nothing, yet Christ told them to let down their nets again. We must not abruptly quit our callings because we have not the success in them we desire. We are likely to speed well, when we follow the guidance of Christ’s word.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.