Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Lay up His Word in thine heart

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man — March 8th, 2020 Lay up His Word in thine heart

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

In the responsive reading this week the verse from Job “Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.”
    made me ask the question of myself, “am I reading a lot of words in the hope that the words are going to somehow do something for me, heal me, free me of fear, strengthen me, make me happy?” That would be like reading a bunch of numbers on a page hoping that somehow they make me a mathematician. Just like the numbers would have to be used in order to be found useful and bring more understanding to what the Principle of numbers can do, so are the words that we read in the Bible, Science and Health, and any wonderful resources available to us on our church’s website. Mathew Henry’s commentary says about this verse, “It is not enough to receive it but we must retain it, We must lay it up as a thing of great value, that it may be safe; and we must lay it up in our hearts, as a thing of great use, that it may be ready to us when there is occasion and we may neither lose it wholly nor be at a loss for it in a time of need.” The words we read are to lift our thoughts to receive our own inspiration so that we feel in our hearts that Mind itself is speaking to us and that is what comforts and heals and brings “the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, and shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” Phil 4:7

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.