Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:.."

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Everlasting Punishment — May 3rd, 2020 "Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:.."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

The subject of this week’s lesson has always been one that I did not like. I now know that I was taking punishment personally rather than seeing that it is the wrong thinking resulting in wrong behavior that is punished because it is no part of God and His expression man. To understand that we are the child or expression of a loving, perfect God, is the beginning of our realizing that all that is punished is that which would try to hide that fact from us. In the Responsive Reading this week, with some help from the Amplified Bible, and our watch, I paraphrased the first four citations. “Unto thee, O Lord, do I set my affection. I trust in thee for you are good and upright and acting according to your promise and leading me in the truth and teaching me how not to let mine enemies, self loathing, hate, deceit, fear, discouragement, self will, etc. triumph over me. You are the God of my salvation and are teaching me in your own way how to hold thought against false testimony and mental suggestion therefore on thee do I wait, rest in expectation, all the day.”

chardelle

Thank you for this post. I am very grateful for your paraphrasing. ” Teaching me in Your way…” Is a prayer …and keeping me in Your way. I believe Mrs. Eddy said something very close to that about keeping and staying in God’s way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.