Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Let Go, Forgive, Be Grateful and Know the True Man

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Let Go, Forgive, Be Grateful and Know the True Man

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Debra Glidden
    Participant

God is always speaking to us and the instructions He sent to me as a result of our July 28, 2021 testimony meeting are to let go of/do not accept
    erroneous thoughts that I have been holding on to for a LONG time, forgive, be grateful and know the true being of man.

I looked up the word forgive in the 1828 Webster’s Dictionary. One of the definitions is as follows:
    1. To pardon; to remit, as an offense or debt; to overlook an offense, and treat the offender as not guilty.
    The original and proper phrase is to forgive the offense, to send it away, to reject it, that is, not to impute it,
    [put it to] the offender. But by an easy transition, we also use the phrase, to forgive the person offending.

What struck me is “…to send it away, to reject it, not to impute it, [put it to] the offender.…”
    This is what I must do with my old lying thoughts. Not only must I reject them but I must not associate them with a person, either myself or anyone else.

This brings me back to Mrs. Eddy’s article, Day (https://articles.plainfieldcs.com/mary-baker-eddy/day/). “…I will know that yesterday has gone, and left no bitterness, and that today is big with blessings, that tomorrow belongs to God; and to realize this today eliminates all worry and pain and trouble, and brings us peace and happiness.”

It also brings me back to 10 affirmations (or 12) to 1 denial.

Affirmations (which are endless!!)
    God is all.
    God loves us.
    I am my Father are one.
    It is my Father within me, He doeth the work.
    My Father will never leave me alone.
    All thing are possible to God.
    Mind has the answer in every situation.
    The Lord will perfect that which concernth me; (Psalm 138:8 to : )
    Nothing can steal my joy.
    Peace be still.
    Perfect God and perfect man.
    Truth is always the victor! (S&H 380: 4only)

Denial

You are not from God. You are a liar, have no power to separate me from God, and I do not believe you!!

and

The Scientific Statement of Being (Science & Health 468: 8-15)

There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation,
    for God is All-in-all. Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error. Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the
    unreal and temporal. Spirit is God, and man is His image and likeness. Therefore man is not material; he is
    spiritual.

How wonderful to experience growth in Divine Science. To see how each revelation, when lived, leads to more understanding, which in turn,
    I must live. I am very grateful to God, to Mrs. Eddy for Christian Science, and for all of the resources available through our church, including our services, meetings, website and loving members who share Divine Love with all.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.