Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Life Abundant

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

John 10: 9,10 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
    10 I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Life abundant. Abundant from Webster’s 1828 means Plentiful; in great quantity; fully sufficient; as an abundant supply. In scripture, abounding; having in great quantity; overflowing with.

Meaning no limitations, no imperfections, nothing that interferes with the fullness of this Life! Fears, sins, falsehoods of any kind, pains, colds, accidents, lack of money, strength, recreation, right companions, all have nothing to do with true Life. So if any of these suggestions tempt I have a right to ask…..”Where is my abundant Life?” What am I permitting to steal that Christ given Life abundant from me?
    Thank God Mary Baker Eddy, through Christian Science has explained how Christ Jesus taught that all can have this. They have both taught us what true Life is; it is Eternal, not in matter, “Life is not limited.” See page 468 Science and Health.

Only as I claim my Christ-Mind, which is the All Knowing, can I see my ONENESS with God and not deny myself the Life that is abundant.

AMB
    Participant

Very grateful for this reminder that Life is abundant and not limited, and this is ours to prove. This made me think of the sermon ‘Life’ by Mary Baker Eddy, which includes these extracts “Health, life and mortals will will never reach their maximum until we relinquish the belief that matter has aught to do with Life” and “I am glad there is but one God, but one Life, and this one is shadowed forth in order, beauty and goodness. I am glad that evil hath no life or immortality, that mortal pain-giving sources are but the things of belief, dreams and not realities, the vagaries of the mortal, and not the immortal thought; and that this shall sometime be learned and the body be free as the pinions of a bird, and every sense of weakness or of pain shall disappear.”

AMB
    Participant

VAGARY. A wandering of the thoughts; a wild freak; a whim; a whimsical purpose (Webster’s Dictionary 1828).
    Very grateful to the writer of this week’s lesson.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.