Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Life!

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

I am so grateful to learn through Christian Science that God is Life! This understanding has changed a great deal in my view about many things. Working with the synonym Life, makes me think of constant right action/function of my whole being, strength, vitality, health etc. It helps me not go over the past or worry about the future. Aging and its associated physical claims become increasingly UNREAL as thought is taken off past regrets and disappointments and age by birthdays. It’s wonderful to be reminded to live in the eternal NOW, and to know consistently that, I am ageless, disease-less and deathless! Oh Life that maketh all things new! Hymn 218.

This correct view of Life adds more clarity to our true freedom, as the spiritual ideas of a Loving Father-Mother God!

Rae
    Participant

Thank you for this inspiring post! Last week I was working to know the Truth. A false claim that it was painful to walk needed to be unmasked. I was guided to read the series We Knew Mary Baker Eddy. As I sat on the sofa traveling back in time, a sweetness and peace enfolded me as if I had been transported back to Mrs. Eddy’s class. This passage in particular helped break the mesmerism and before long I was back on my feet enjoying the garden.

“Mrs. Eddy said there were times in teaching when the deep things of Christian Science were being considered that the mesmeric sense of too continuous seriousness must be broken. She illustrated this in her teaching of this class by telling several amusing stories.

I recall one story in particular which she used to illustrate human philosophy. She said there once was a man who had a fox. He made a hole in the door of his house and stuck the tail of the fox through it from the inside. Very shortly a crowd had gathered outside and he went out to ask why they were there. The reply was that they were trying to figure out how the fox was able to get through such a small hole. This, said, Mrs. Eddy, was human philosophy, always trying to figure out things that never happened.” (George Wendell Adams, We Knew Mary Baker Eddy, Second Series)

I’m so thankful for Mrs. Eddy and Christian Science, and all of the resources and sharing at the Plainfield Church, Independent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.