Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Like Attracts Like – Externalization of Thought

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind — August 23rd, 2020 Like Attracts Like – Externalization of Thought

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” (Prov. 23:7)

“Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap …” (Gal. 6:7)

“… evermore [man] takes
    The tool of Thought, and, shaping what he wills,
    Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills: —
    He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass:
    Environment is but his looking-glass.” (As A Man Thinketh, by James Allen)

“Stand porter at the door of thought. Admitting only such conclusions as you wish realized … ” (Science and Health, 392)

“I saw how the mind’s ideals were evolved and made tangible; and it matters not whether that ideal is a flower or a cancer, if the belief is strong enough to manifest it.”(Christian Healing, Mary Baker Eddy, 6)

“If mind can kill, as has been proved, it has power to cure also.” (1st Edition, Science and Health, 364)

Paul understood the power of thought to outpicture itself in my daily life experience, which is why he wrote to the Phillippians “…whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things” — persevering in such thoughts as these will help usher in the millennium.

chardelle

Thank you for this post. I have been thinking and praying about many things written here and especially what Pau said. ” Paul understood the power of thought to outpicture itself in my daily life experience, which is why he wrote to the Philippians “… whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things” — persevering in such thoughts as these will help usher in the millennium.” I ask myself about this list and it does help keep me on the straight and narrow in these serious days. There is joy here too when you think about what is lovely and pure… hearing children laugh in our neighborhood, birds enjoying the birdbath, and people taking the time to say hello while they are walking by our yard.

JoanneF
    Participant

Beautiful…and true. Thank you, Chardy and Pathens

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.