Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Love your enemies

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Love – July 31st, 2016 Love your enemies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth the rain on the just and on the unjust.” (Christ Jesus) In Science we often refer to ourselves as children of God. It is important to note in this quote from Christ Jesus he is giving us a requirement in order to align ourselves up with this blessing – and that is to love your enemies. Now everyone knows loving one’s enemies is not always an easy thing to do and yet think about all the anguish you inflict upon yourself when you hold hatred, resentment, revenge etc. in your heart. Is it any wonder that you cannot be a child of God and hate at the same time? It would be an impossibility. I found this inspiring quote from Janet Coleman about Mrs. Eddy, “I can say one thing truthfully, that if I were asked today after all my experiences with our Leader, which was the greatest of them, I would say this: I always found her loving her enemies, always ready to do them good, always would see those who had injured her if she could help them before one who had been loving her… I have learned this lesson well from our Leader to love your enemies.”

jacob45
    Participant

It is difficult to separate between what people do and what they really are.

chardelle

Mrs. Eddy says in Miscellaneous Writings on page 10…”Heaven comes down to earth, and mortals learn at last the lesson, ‘I have no enemies’
    Even in belief you have but one(that, not in reality),and this one is yourself-YOUR ERRONEOUS BELIEF that you have enemies;that evil is real;that aught but good exists in Science. “

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.