Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Made Superior To Sin, Sickness and Death

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God the Preserver of Man — June 13th, 2021 Made Superior To Sin, Sickness and Death

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 231 : 20-2
    To hold yourself superior to sin, because God made you superior to it and governs man, is true wisdom. To fear sin is to misunderstand the power of Love and the divine Science of being in man’s relation to God, — to doubt His government and distrust His omnipotent care. To hold yourself superior to sickness and death is equally wise, and is in accordance with divine Science. To fear them is impossible, when you fully apprehend God and know that they are no part of His creation.

What a glorious heritage, to be made superior to sin, sickness and death. Mrs. Eddy says to be a law unto ourselves on pg 442 of Science and Health, “Christian Scientists, be a law to yourselves that mental malpractice cannot harm you either when asleep or when awake.” This is something I can obey as a great law unto myself, that I AM MADE SUPERIOR to sin, sickness and death!

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you for pointing this out!

In the 1828 Webster dictionary, superior is defined,

“4. Being beyond the power or influence of; too great or firm to be subdued or affected by; as a man superior to revenge.
    There is not on earth a spectacle more worthy than a great man superior to his sufferings.”

In a world that constantly wants to define us by labels of sin, sickness or death, it is all-important to not be ensnared in such traps but to recognize our true spiritual and immortal nature. I love how you put it: “This is something I can obey as a great law unto myself…” What an excellent reminder!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.