Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Man is immortal and lives by divine authority.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Probation After Death – April 22nd, 2018 Man is immortal and lives by divine authority.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

“O Lord: Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand.” Psalm 31. This Golden text further emphasizes for me who has control of my life and is my life. What a glorious realization in place of all the false beliefs one has had to struggle with; thinking other people, situations, things all have power over us.
    I can never forget then that God’s laws, including the law of perfect harmony and love govern everything I think, say or do. Let the true laws govern, they alone do free us.

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you for this post. This is truly relevant in today’s times, when the false gods of government and the stock market and a steady stream of mostly negative news seem to dominate the media 24/7, instead of all good that is actually going on all the time!

It is tempting to believe that somehow our happiness is tied to what elected officials may (or may not) be in office, or the startling news of the day; but this is simply mesmeric and a distortion of our true freedom, whereby “the kingdom of God is within us.” We have to stay awake to what is true! I have to remember this when I may feel a “tug” to believe that which is simply a fabrication of the human mind–something that attempts to draw me in and ultimately rob me of my joy–and being awake to this means I won’t be taken in. It brings peace to turn all these falsehoods around on a dime and remember that it is God who has all power in His “law of perfect harmony and love,” as you put it so well. It is this constant turning to God that ultimately gives us our dominion over things that would try to distract us from Him!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.