Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Man Is Servant Of A Restful Mind

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul and Body – November 20th, 2016 Man Is Servant Of A Restful Mind

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Thus it is with man, who is but the humble servant of the restful Mind, though it seems otherwise to finite sense. SH 119

This got me thinking that if I should find myself entertaining thoughts like “ I feel tired, I feel rushed or pressured, I don’t have something needful, I lack courage, I feel sick etc.” it clearly means I am listening to a different “boss,” seeing I am the servant of a restful Mind. To be restful includes being peaceful, no disturbance or agitation. All those suggestions belong NOT to a restful Mind but to mortal mind, mind in matter, opposed to my real Mind, God. This is why “….. for matter can make no conditions for man.” SH Let’s stay awake and obey only our true Master!

MaryBeth
    Participant

The thought that I am but “the humble servant of the restful Mind” has helped quiet any stress I may have been entertaining many times! It dissolves all sense of false responsibility. “Drop Thy still dews of quietness, till all our strivings ceasing; Take from us now the strain and stress, and let our ordered lives confess the beauty of Thy peace.” (Hymn # 49)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.