Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

“Man is the expression of Soul.”

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul — August 15th, 2021 “Man is the expression of Soul.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Man is the expression of Soul.” ​Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy, page 477

Expression: a likeness; represent, copy, image of. (Webster’s 1828)

“Soul has infinite resources with which to bless mankind, and happiness would be more readily attained and would be more secure in our keeping, if sought in Soul.”​Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy, page 60

“Soul has infinite resources…” These lines really brought home to me how utterly opposed to Christian Science it is to start from a position of competition and comparison which for one comes from a sense of limited resources. I reasoned with myself, “Man is the heir of God. There is no competition in Soul so the man of God’s creating cannot express a competitive nature. Anything suggesting otherwise is a lie and to be cast out immediately. Man is cooperative, made for a divine purpose, made to share God given talents and resources to bless others; to appreciate each other and learn from one another. Comparisons open the door to envy and denies God’s allness and abundance. The promise is He makes our, “cup runneth over.’ Soul is infinite, impartial, universal. How can an expression of Soul be anything less than exactly what God designs, gives purpose and value to? God doesn’t make junk. The tenth commandment protects me from drifting into the wrong mind and believing God is not all. Like Hagar last week I need to open my eyes and see God’s provision and use it. My part is to seek happiness in things of Soul, God and be grateful.”
    “In Soul, my vision is never related to the self-centered ‘me’, but looks out selflessly, as the sun shines. ,,, Starting with the kingdom within, I can set to work to ‘make this earth our Father’s kingdom’ also.'” True Vision by John Morgan
    I love this lesson on Soul. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.