Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Man is the idea of Spirit

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Spirit — February 9th, 2020 Man is the idea of Spirit

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 266 : 27-29 (to 1st .) Man is the idea of Spirit; he reflects the beatific presence, illumining the universe with light! The next citation SH 88 : 14 only, says; Ideas are spiritual, harmonious, and eternal.

I desire to have this Truth as clear always as I have 1+ 1 = 2, because this is how I can see past personality and be able to more readily rip error off as part of anyone since ideas are perfect and unchanging. For example, if the statement that “Man is an embodiment of right ideas” is clear in thought I would be firm in my thinking that every organ is an idea, hence it’s immortal, spiritual perfect!! Mortal mind lying about God’s man with falsities of sickness , discords of all kinds would be impossible to me. To identify as an immortal spiritual idea is the only true identity that can be the expression of the nature of God, the only identifying that can be in constant inseparable, indestructible unity with God!

The Scientific Statement of Being SH pg 468 talks about man being spiritual and in the Treatment for Everyday, where Mrs. Eddy states that ” I am perfect in God,”again that is talking about our spiritual being as perfect not the mortal mind suppositional opposite. And to the question, “What is man?” in Recapitulation pg 475 part of the answer is, “Man is spiritual and perfect; and because he is spiritual and perfect, he must be so understood in Christian Science. Man is idea, the image, of Love; he is not physique. He is the compound idea of God, including all right ideas……..

Both the Bible and Science and Health emphasize this fundamental spiritual Truth, this is what should be prominent in my thinking displacing the false teaching of knowing myself as blood, bones , tissues etc. and all the “hell” that wrong teaching/incorrect view of self brings.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.