Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Man's Rights Cannot Be Invaded

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

I love how the lesson writer showed the thread that went through the Old Testament, the New Testament, and then into Science and Health regarding the entire issue of necromancy, mesmerism, and hypnotism, and that it all must be denounced. A definition of ‘denounce’ I found online is “To pronounce, especially publicly, to be blameworthy or evil.” Only by the Christian Science teaching in Plainfield have I begun to understand both what needs denouncing, and how to denounce.

The Old Testament tells us over and over that trusting in God brings us to peace. The New Testament informs us “the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.” (II Corinthians 10:4) Mary Baker Eddy is clear that when “Man’s rights are invaded” “the divine order is interfered with, and the mental trespasser incurs the divine penalty due this crime.” (S&H, p. 106)

Learning to be vigilant in “bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (II Corinthians 10: 5) has required a lot of practitioner support to get me even to this point, but I am clear on this: Every thought means without exception! Anything that would invade my rights by attempting to drive a wedge between me and the clear thinking of divine Mind needs to be consciously exposed as evil so that the error will then go forth and destroy itself, and the divine order be reinstated in my thought.

I am so grateful that Christian Science brings harmony and protection as we work to understand and live what we learn here in Plainfield.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.