Topic: Mary Baker Eddy God's precious gift!! | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Mary Baker Eddy God's precious gift!!

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Mary Baker Eddy God's precious gift!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Colleen Mostika 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Colleen Mostika
    Participant

I was listening to “Mary Baker Eddy Christian Healer” Amplified Edition on audio today. I was also doing a little reading of David Keyston’s book “The Healer: The Healing Work of Mary Baker Eddy.” There is no doubt in my mind that she is the Woman in the Apocalypse. She was divinely brought into this world to save the world from sin and explain the Science of the healing works as demonstrated by Christ Jesus. She was given to us by God to bring Divine Science to humanity in a practical form as Christian Science. To me, she is God’s precious gift to mankind. We are so blessed to have her writings and all she has given us.

The following are just a couple of partial quotes that show how extraordinary her conception and childhood was. She was definitely a gift from above! I was so moved today, I just wanted to share this with you.

“Mary Baker Eddy Christian Healer” Amplified Edition by Yvonne Cache’ von Fettweis and Robert Townsend Warneck Audio Edition
    Chapter 1 Gifts of Childhood 1821-1845
    ” A pregnant Abigail Baker was in the attic gathering wool to spin and yarn, suddenly she was overwhelmed with the thought that she was filled with the Holy Ghost and had dominion over the whole earth.”
    “At that moment she felt the quickening of the babe…”
    ” And Mrs. Baker wondered what would become of this child whose conception had been unexpected?”

“Adam Dickey recounted in his Memoirs on page 132 that “Mrs. Eddy told her household she felt the circumstances of her birth were similar to Isaac’s birth in the Bible referring them to Hebrews 11:11.” (Hebrews 11:11 “Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.”) ( Abigail Baker, Mary’s mother was 37 years old when she was pregnant with Mary.) ” When Mother was pregnant with me she heard voices and said to sister Gault (Abigail’s friend) …When I am about my work I am stopped and troubled with a voice; ‘What should be born of you shall be born of God.'”

“The Healer The Healing Work of Mary Baker Eddy” by David L. Keyston page 6

” This special child was ordained of God in a most extraordinary manner.”
    ” When around eight years old she frequently heard voices calling ‘Mary’ three times and supposing it was her Mother… but always to be told she had not called her. Until one time her little cousin was with her, she too heard the voice…”
    “Her mother … read to her that night the story of little Samuel 3:4-11 and told her she must reply as he did.” “The voice called ‘Mary’ and she replied, ‘Speak Lord, for thy servant heareth.’ and it was as if she was gently lifted up.” “Most remarkable was that when she responded to the voice her body was lifted to a height of about a foot, then gently laid back on the bed; this was repeated three times.”

Colleen Mostika
    Participant

“Mary Baker Eddy Christian Healer” Amplified Edition by Yvonne Cache’ von Fettweis and Robert Townsend Warneck Audio Edition

Mrs. Eddy wrote the following to two students who gave her a copy of Wyclif’s Translation of the New Testament:

“Today, it is a marvel to me that God chose me for this mission; and, that my life work was the theme of ancient prophecy; and I, the scribe of His infinite way of salvation. Oh, may He keep me at the feet of Christ; cleansing the human understanding and bathing it with my tears, wiping it with the hairs of my head, the shreds of my understanding that God numbered to make men wise unto salvation.”

(I have this as an audio book and so, I punctuated this quote as best I could.)

I am in awe of Mrs. Eddy’s great Love and humility.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.