Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Matter Cannot Destroy It's Own Discord!

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God the Preserver of Man – December 10th, 2017 Matter Cannot Destroy It's Own Discord!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 146:7-12 By trusting matter to destroy its own discord, health and harmony have been sacrificed. Such systems are barren of the vitality of spiritual power, by which material sense is made the servant of Science and religion becomes Christlike. I am grateful for this citation.

Thanks for this empowering Lesson, assuring and emphasizing what we need to be consistently confident of, in order to free ourselves from the bondage of false senses and material laws.As we have learned it is the Truth, the spiritual facts of our true being (sons of God)that begin to unveil to us the extent of our ignorance.

Sometime ago, while out of work, through human reasoning and self will, I tried to correct that discord to no avail; only when I started to take the simple spiritual facts to heart, did my circumstances change to lasting, harmonious understanding of God’s ever-present provision for all His creation.

Rae
    Participant

This was especially helpful today. I wanted to also share another WATCH (268) that brings me peace. “When we have done our part to put divine power into operation in this human dream, we must quickly withdraw, leaving God to care for the situation, as He will. We have our part to perform, to be sure; but when we have finished it, we must trust God to do His, and not continue to grind out arguments through fear.” …

“We must rest more in God.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.