Topic: Mrs. Eddy on Who is in Reality a Christian Scientist | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Mrs. Eddy on Who is in Reality a Christian Scientist

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Mrs. Eddy on Who is in Reality a Christian Scientist

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rae 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Rae
    Participant

In reading, We Knew Mary Baker Eddy, Third Series, I’m so thankful for the specific instructions Mrs. Eddy shared with her students. In a letter to Calvin Hill, she wrote:

“We never can know who is in reality a Christian Scientist until he is tested under fire; then what is left are the dregs unfit for use till purged and purified or they are qualities that evil cannot destroy and are held by the power of God.” She further explained that in some cases the residue was mere sensuous, self-blind human will, whereas only the very opposite of this constitutes the individual, much more the Christian Scientist.

On one occasion Mrs. Eddy said to him in substance, “The first thing I do in the morning when I awake is to declare I shall have no other mind before divine Mind, and become fully conscious of this, and adhere to it throughout the entire day; then the evil cannot touch me.” Many times, she said to him, “All my hours are His.”

Thank you for the inspirational Round Table meeting last Sunday. This seems to fit in with the discussion on persistent testing that is part of the process of healing.

I especially liked the story about the young woman who entered a room full of beautiful flowers and came out an old decrepit woman. Lured by the irresistible fragrance and beauty of the roses, she had ignored the inner warning not to enter! What a great metaphor for all the things that tempt us to be self-serving and forget to be a light unto others and to listen and obey to God’s Word.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.