Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

My Father and Your Father…….

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Doctrine Of Atonement – April 16th, 2017 My Father and Your Father…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Emphasis added

This verse just stood out to me, I feel a comfort from it which I am sure others are feeling too. It is a special feeling of “Oneness” that it gives! Very grateful for the Lesson.

JPalmer
    Participant

Thank you for this post!

As I read that verse, it struck me how part of what he was saying was that he is not God. So many have been misled to believe that he is God, and yet the teachings at this church have shown me that to believe that is to undermine the importance of his mission. How can he be our wayshower if he is beyond our ability to follow?

It is so comforting to me that his love for God and mankind led him to such demonstrations. And beyond that, and despite all Christ Jesus did, he still spoke in a way that let us know we are all in this together. He showed us the way, and also gave every reason to feel we could follow him.

If that doesn’t prove that Christ’s Christianity is scientific, and not supernatural, I don’t know what would. I thank God that Christian Science is practical and provable! I am so grateful for all Christ Jesus, Mary Baker Eddy, and this church have done to bring this Science to this world in need, and to show our oneness with God. Thank you!

DaleW
    Participant

Thank you for these posts. Our Bible Lessons and the readings from the desk at our Wednesday evening testimony meetings have been leading us with comforting and powerful statements, telling us of this oneness and giving us practical tools to use in everyday life. In this week’s Responsive Reading, Paul tells us, “Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.” In this church, we’re taught man’s real being is spiritual and immortal, and to look always for that man, to see God in everyone — how wonderful is that, a blessing to us and to everyone we behold!
    Thank you for this Lesson!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.