Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

My heart beats for God

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind — August 23rd, 2020 My heart beats for God

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

In this weeks lesson “heart” is mentioned 9 times.
    “For as he thinketh in is heart, so is he.”
    “…thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart,…”
    “Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath:..”
    “Incline not my heart to any evil thing,..”
    “Search me, O God and know my heart:..”
    “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.”
    “But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile a man.”
    “For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts,..”
    “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Mrs. Eddy says in Divinity Course and General Collectanea (The Blue Book p. 69) “Remember this fixed fact: You have no material heart. Your heart God gave you, and He governs all its functions. It cannot cease to act so long as God acts, for it is His reflection of Love.”

This was a good reminder to me that the heart God gave me beats for Him and can never cease to do so. I can never be tempted to disobey God, or pray to God only for myself without including all mankind and glorify Him. God knows what is in my heart and fills it with kindness so I don’t have any desire to speak unkindly to anyone or make anyone feel unloved. The only peace that “none can take away” is attained through keeping my heart filled with God’s love for me and for all of God’s children.

Thank you all who have posted this week. Your posts have been so helpful. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the lessons are each week. Thank you for your selfless devotion to this task.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.