Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

My real identity

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

2. 477
    Identity is the reflection of Spirit, the reflection in multifarious forms of the living Principle, Love. Soul is the substance, Life, and intelligence of man, which is individualized, but not in matter. Soul can never reflect anything inferior to Spirit.

From page 594 of the Glossary in Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy:
    SPIRIT. Divine substance; Mind; divine Principle; all that is good; God; that only which is perfect, everlasting, omnipresent, omnipotent, infinite.

From the 1828 Webster’s:
    Identity
    Sameness, as distinguished from similitude and diversity.

Identify
    1. To ascertain or prove to be the same.

Before I came to Plainfield, I thought the claims of the human mind were my identity. I am so grateful Christian Science gives me all I need to learn the truth and prove that those erroneous suggestions are not me, because they are not God. Since “Identity is the reflection of” “all that is good,” any attempts I made to identify myself with those lies had no ability to bring me any peace, joy, or purpose – quite the opposite in fact!

One thing I love about Christian Science is that it both provides the tools to prove it is true and good and practical, and it also provides the insight and perspective to look back and clearly see I proved life without Science doesn’t work. How wonderful to look within now and know that my identity is “all that is good” as I reflect God! Only Science could have brought about this healing.

Thank you for this lesson, and for all that is taught here!

Susanne
    Participant

When I read your post, it reminded me of the 91st Psalm: “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”

What a lifting up is living in this beautiful Science–“in the secret place of the most High”–from the belief in matter claims of the human mind to the understanding of our true, divine substance as a reflection of God, “all that is good”. Dwelling in that “secret place” is where we truly know who we are, and it expands our experience in all the best ways.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.