Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

“Neglect not the gift that is in thee.”

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man – March 6th, 2016 “Neglect not the gift that is in thee.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Carol
    Participant

“Neglect not the gift that is in thee.” (I Timothy)
    That, of course, could mean we need to use, in God’s service, the gift that He has given us. But another thing I needed to learn was to take care of the gift, and of me. We are all here to do God’s work—but if we don’t protect ourselves, and the work, we’re no good to anyone. We need to never neglect our time spent with God, in studying the Lesson, in doing extra reading of the Bible and Mrs. Eddy’s works—not just to find things, but to gain inspiration, and to protect against error. It’s been easy for me to get bogged down in duties and obligations—but I always need to watch that they don’t come before my time with God—don’t neglect that gift!

Florence
    Participant

1 Tim 6:20 Keep that which is committed to thy trust. To keep anything and not lose it requires attention and love. How I keep what is in my trust (love for God and man) is to nurture my spiritual growth, through inspiration from study and the use of even the smallest spiritual enlightenment I gain so that I can make it my own. What is going on here (the constant reminders, Bible study, Roundtable, resources etc.)is truly valuable in keeping our lamps trimmed and shinning bright to attract and bless others; and to not lose the “savour” or saltness so that our work will bear fruit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.