Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

“No Big Power Veto” by Herbert Rieke

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board “No Big Power Veto” by Herbert Rieke

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kerry
    Participant

I am reading and re-reading the Association Address of Herbert E. Rieke, C.S.B., entitled, “No Big Power Veto” 1948 Address, mentioned at last Sunday’s Round Table (June 26, 2022). There is no letting go of the article until I have the understanding I desire – to awake.

“I Shall Awake” by H. G. M. – Sentinel (August 1886), Zion’s Hearld

“I shall awake! however dread
    The shadows of the coming night;
    Uprising from my dreamless bed,
    I shall again behold the light!
    I shall awake! not of the earth,
    Whose ways with erring feet I ‘ve trod;
    But fashioned by a glorious birth
    Into the image of my God!

I shall awake! no more to crave
    With constant longing, still denied;
    The good I covet I shall have;
    With Christ I shall be satisfied.”

Each day my heart fills with gratitude and I thank God for this Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent, its Practitioners and members, and that I was “awake” enough to find my way here, that nothing could “veto” my footsteps in the right direction.

Imogene Hewett
    Participant

YES! Wow, just wow! I can’t put this article down at the moment! Gary’s inspired reading of an excerpt at the end of the roundtable on Saturday turned on the most blazing crystalised Light in my thought! God bless dear Mrs Eddy for her divinely inspired understanding to provide the learning that we need right now, today. God bless Mrs Eddy and our early workers for putting this light into context to be precisley understood and applied to remedy these times. This writing by Herbert E. Rieke is absolutely incredible, I am going upward in thought every day. The watch for 4th July is linked to it all so perfectly, again showing the Divine inspiration of our Practitioners and Teachers here at Plainfield. I love Christian Science because it teaches the absolute Truth about God and all Life – the provable rules of the Christ power to heal all of sin, sickness and death; as Mrs Eddy taught. I also love the dynamic and action focussed Christianity that is Christian Science. It shows our sure way to the Kingdom of His Love where there is not a single particle to error, it steals the pretended energy behind error in all cases, thus obliterating it. I love the active and ever watchful work of our watches at Plainfield! We are surely witnessing Gods Holy power and sharing it with the world. Thankyou Plainfield Independent! There is no veto in our world! God is supreme!
    Dear Mrs Eddy’s Paean of Jubilee comes to thought:
    “For victory over a single sin, we give thanks and magnify the Lord of Hosts. What shall we say of the mighty conquest over all sin? A louder song, sweeter than has ever before reached high heaven, now rises clearer and nearer to the great heart of Christ; for the accuser is not there, and Love sends forth her primal and everlasting strain.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.