Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

No limit to God's power

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

7. Mark 4
    39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
    40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
    41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

We have had these verses in previous lessons, at which time I was amazed that the disciples saw Christ Jesus do so many amazing works, but somehow drew the line at affecting the weather.

This week I have been thinking about where this delineation lies within me. What limitations do I place on God’s power, and Christian Science?

Since coming to this church, there has been this steady progression of learning and demonstration that has allowed me to see more of the effectiveness of Christian Science each day. The watches have shown me that even the fears and turmoil of the human mind give way to Truth. Through practitioner support, I have gained confidence that I am where I am supposed to be and doing what I am supposed to do.

The world is such a bright, hopeful place, filled with the certainty that God has made all things good!

I am grateful for this lesson! What a strong reminder of how God has created everything to work together in harmony, and anything contrary to that is a powerless lie. How wonderful to find there is nothing in His creation that is working against us when we are reflecting and expressing His qualities!

I am so grateful for all this church offers! Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.