Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

No longer "joining in a conspiracy against [my]self"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

5. John 17
    15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Reading Christ Jesus’ words today, it occurred to me that this is yet another way that he was letting us know we are in our right place here and now, and need not wait for another time and place to think and act rightly. Wishing for some perfect afterlife (or to fade into blackness, as I once hoped) or some sort of reset button (like winning the lottery or meeting the “right” person) “is joining in a conspiracy against [our]self” as it “would make that real which is unreal.” (9. 339)

I have been so blessed by Christian Science and this church, but I feel the biggest blessing may well be that I have joy and gratitude and purpose being me. I spent decades truly hating being me, and now I am happy with it. I wasn’t removed from the world or my life, so what else could have made the difference? It has to be that Christian Science and all I have been learning in Plainfield has shown me that “Since God is All, there is no room for His unlikeness. God, Spirit, alone created all, and called it good.” and I am a part of that all.

What a change from all I previously thought! I am so grateful for this church, and to no longer be “joining in a conspiracy against [my]self”! Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.