Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"No power opposed to God"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

“In Science, you can have no power opposed to God,…Your influence for good depends upon the weight you throw into the right scale. The good you do and embody gives you the only power obtainable. Evil is not power. It is a mockery of strength, which erelong betrays its weakness and falls, never to rise.” (S&H page 192)

mockery-vain imitation or effort
    erelong–before long
    betrays–discloses or permits to appear what is intended to be kept a secret
    (all definitions from Websters 1828 dictionary)

This is reassuring to me in my work for myself and the world that my right thinking, or the Truth about the lie that I am knowing, whatever it is, is the only power obtainable. That evil’s vain imitation of strength (or the denial of God’s allness) before long discloses what was intended to be kept secret, its weakness, therefore falling, never to rise. It can’t help itself, because “In Science you can have no power opposed to God.” Thank you lesson writers for this powerful lesson sermon.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.