Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

No reversal

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

5. Luke 8
    33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.
    34 When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled, and went and told it in the city and in the country.
    35 Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind:

It occurred to me that this is a wonderful illustration of why there can be no reversal: The error has been utterly destroyed, and the man is well and “in his right mind” — what about that can be undone or reversed?

Thank you very much for this lesson!

Susanne
    Participant

I feel that I am now “in my right mind”–after having been off course in Christian Science before finding Plainfield Church! And though it may not be as dramatic as the swine going off the cliff, I feel my whole life course was shifted to set me on the right path, the “straight and narrow” path, that I had always resisted (or feared might be boring!).

From the Interpreter’s Bible: “The Christian sits at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind. This right mindedness involves an inner consistency and sanity and also an adequate and appropriate responsiveness to the full range of reality–the glad and obedient acknowledgement of truth wherever it may be found and whatever it may be.”

I like this interpretation as it shows the importance of consistency–which is something that had kept me from making progress. I had not been willing to “sit at the feet of Jesus”, if I was unwilling to take the straight and narrow path. I feel that the pure Christian Science taught here at Plainfield truly brought me into “my right mind”–and now I love this path!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.