Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

North, east, south, and west

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality – September 30th, 2018 North, east, south, and west

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

3. Revelation 21
    10 And he … shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
    13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

5. 575
    Northward, its gates open to the North Star, the Word, the polar magnet of Revelation; eastward, to the star seen by the Wisemen of the Orient, who followed it to the manger of Jesus; southward, to the genial tropics, with the Southern Cross in the skies, — the Cross of Calvary, which binds human society into solemn union; westward, to the grand realization of the Golden Shore of Love and the Peaceful Sea of Harmony.

From what I have learned here, is not often that north, east, south, and west are mentioned together, so it reminded me of the September 2nd, 2018 lesson for Subject: Man, in which we had the following from Isaiah 43:
    5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
    6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

And the readings from the Wednesday, March 28th, 2018 Testimony Meeting:
    Psalm 107
    2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
    3 And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.

This lesson is a wonderful reminder that no matter where anyone might find themselves oriented in relation to God, He has provided a means for us to reach Him. I needn’t outline methods for anyone to find their way to God or Christian Science. He has that well in hand already, as He did for me.

Thank you for this lesson!

JPalmer
    Participant

I, myself, came from the north to Plainfield after giving up. (Felt pertinent to mention that here, because of those verses.)

During the preceding decade, however, I had gravitated toward atheism after being disillusioned with the “Christianity” of my youth, and yet had begun to realized atheism was not helping me either. So I began to formulate what I thought God might be, but decided to call Him something different, to keep a distance from that old theological viewpoint. I decided to refer to Him as “The North Star” or “my North Star.”

I sincerely feel that these steps helped me to be receptive to what I found in Plainfield, as my ideal of God – while not anywhere near as comprehensive as what Mrs. Eddy’s revelation shows us – was at least in line with what I have found in Christian Science. Basically, a good God, who is logical and loving.

It took me a while to realize this, but obviously the divine Mind was working in me to get rid of all that junk I was taught and get me ready to be here. I am so grateful for how God works, and that He found a use for me in Plainfield. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.