Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Not a victim.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man — March 8th, 2020 Not a victim.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
    Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.” (John 5)

“In divine Science, man is the true image of God. The divine nature was best expressed in Christ Jesus, who threw upon mortals the truer reflection of God and lifted their lives higher than their poor thought-models would allow, — thoughts which presented man as fallen, sick, sinning, and dying. The Christlike understanding of scientific being and divine healing includes a perfect Principle and idea, — perfect God and perfect man, — as the basis of thought and demonstration.” Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy, page 258

I am learning at Plainfield that we are not victims of anything. Slowly I am letting go of my “poor thought-models” through practitioner support here at this church and using what I am learning in our Roundtable and Bible study classes. The Christ cut through every lie presented in the case of the man by the pool such as length of problem, type of problem, complications from problem, cause of problem, etc. and the man had to listen, trust, and act to Jesus instruction to “arise”.

Arise: To ascend, mount up or move to a higher place. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.