Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Nothing Can Separate Us

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 12th, 2018 Nothing Can Separate Us

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Isaiah 59 : 1, 2,
    1 Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
    2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. (Emphasis added)

What are these iniquities that do at least appear to separate us from God and thus prevent us from owning our true identity?
    More and more it becomes clear that the false beliefs and ill emotions that we entertain can form “phantom” barriers between us and our God. This is wrong thinking that MUST be wiped out through consistent study, living the Truth and casting out evil’s lies.

SH 520:3-5″Unfathomable Mind is expressed. The depth, breadth,height, might, majesty, and glory of infinite Love fill all space. That is enough!” It is enough, since there is no space then, in Truth, for any evil/error to fill. Am I knowing this? Paul also said to the Romans: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39 (Emphasis added).

The constant clear awareness of that TRUTH does restore my soul; enables me to stand in God’s presence, feel my oneness with Him and KNOW nothing erroneous can enter my being.

Gary
    Participant

Thank you for this point. I think many people have a great fear that God will not be there for them when they are in need, – that “he will not hear.” The fact is that God is everywhere, and knows all. All that is real and true, that is. So when we “sin,” or acknowledge as true that which is wrong, ungodlike, immoral, selfish, etc., we put our consciousness in the wrong place. We become unable to “hear.”

God answers righteous prayer, but He does not answer unrighteous prayer. “Ye ask and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.” If I ever feel that God does not hear me, it is a sign that I am asking amiss, – that I am in the wrong mind and had better examine my thinking. Where am I allowing some ungodlike thought or desire to occupy my consciousness? If I want the protection and care of the Truth, I have the obligation to live in accord with the Truth, as best I can. And if I happen to stray from that “straight and narrow way,” it is not that God has deserted me, it is that I have deserted God.

I find it a great comfort to know that God always does have an answer to every problem I may encounter, and that, by taking responsibility for my experience, I can learn to know God better, and improve my experience by each lesson learned.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.