Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Nothing Possesses Reality Nor Existence

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – January 7th, 2018 Nothing Possesses Reality Nor Existence

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

331 The Scriptures imply that God is All-in-all. From this it follows that nothing possesses reality nor existence except the divine Mind and His ideas. (Emphasis added)

Is this not what all the striving is for? That I can know without question that God is All-in-All? If this is my desire then I can say I am active in Truth, awake in it, and KNOWING that evil (the false claims) do not exist and therefore cannot harm me or make me afraid. As one writer puts it, “if something does not exist how can it harm or frighten me?” A good question to answer.

Michael Pupko
    Participant

Romans 1:18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Hmmm. Since I don’t hold to God’s Truth and righteousness 24/7; in those moments I’m not I’m obviously incurring God’s wrath from being disobedient and can blame only myself when things go bad! (exactly what most of the other posts are saying also)

Romans 1:20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

No excuses because I’m being taught at Plainfield to discern through motives. To ‘see’ things ‘spiritually’ through Christ consciousness, to divide ( divide as used in Gen. 1 means to COMPLETELY SEPARATE) the real, God’s creation, from everything that isn’t. Ok, I know more and more readily which is Truth of God so now I just have to stop believing (instead of pretending) in the un-real.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

So instead of blaming those around me I have to stay righteous because it will be a negative effect not only to those around me, but to the “children unto the third and fourth generation.” This week’s Lesson for me (thank you writer!!:) says as long as I wallow in the ‘old man’ I’m adding to the problem. This isn’t news to me because Plainfield practitioners and study sessions have pointed this out repeatedly. Writing this out has been helpful to me… if I don’t start practicing it better maybe I’ll have to write this out a hundred times or whatever it takes to do so!!

Thanks and gratitude to all who are so patiently helping me to grow into the ‘new man’ !

Colleen Mostika
    Participant

Thank you Florence and Michael,
    Your comments and are very, very helpful to me. I like the idea of writing these ideas out… many times to really cement these ideas in my thinking.

For example,
    “KNOWING that evil (the false claims) do not exist and therefore cannot harm me or make me afraid. As one writer puts ‘if something does not exist how can it harm or frighten me?”’

“So, instead of blaming those around me I have to stay righteous because it will have a negative effect not only to those around me, but to the ‘children unto the third and fourth generation.'”

I am going to write these out now…thanks!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.