Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Numbers 11

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Pupko
    Participant

I’m very grateful for the inclusion of Num. 11 in this week’s lesson and Plainfield Christian Science Church Independent’s teaching on how to get a proper understanding of these Bible stories. While reading the Matthew Henry Commentary on this I find how aptly this story mirrors my own thought. How easily one can let the influence of mortal mind (coming from less Spiritual thought around us) influence my own thinking without realizing it. Then Moses wanting human help in spreading the burden when all the true burden is upon God; not myself!! And last, the ingratitude of having manna for free and wanting flesh which they had for the eating in their own flocks that they brought along; how easy it is for me to complain wanting more when I’m not using completely what I already have or not thinking it is good enough… the one pure and perfect God!

Florence
    Participant

From Science and Health pg 3:22-24: Are we really grateful for the good already received? Then we shall avail ourselves of the blessings we have, and thus be fitted to receive more. Gratitude is much more than a verbal expression of thanks. Action expresses more gratitude than speech.

pg 3:27-32 If we are ungrateful for Life, Truth, and Love, and yet return thanks to God for all blessings, we are insincere and incur the sharp censure our Master pronounces on hypocrites. In such a case, the only acceptable prayer is to put the finger on the lips and remember our blessings. While the heart is far from divine Truth and Love, we cannot conceal the ingratitude of barren lives.

These citations are powerful instructions about gratitude. In all our striving we can work to remain consistent in reflecting Life, that is, to be more lively, vivacious, joyful, active; to be the expression of Truth, that is to be honest, faithful, reject falsehoods, and to be Love manifested, that is to be compassionate, be quick in separating false claims of all sorts from God’s children, His creation, express kindness, be selfless, slow to anger etc. in order to feel more of our God given completeness and satisfaction.

Michael Pupko
    Participant

Thanks for the wonderful instruction!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.