Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Observe mind instead of body

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Observe mind instead of body, lest aught unfit for development enter thought.Think less of material conditions and more of spiritual.”
    This week these lines from S. & H. from our lesson have been helpful to me. By practicing this I have become more aware of how much I still want to fix everything for the people around me. It takes my thought off God onto material conditions and needs. Some that are not even my business.

By trying to fix I am deciding how I believe things “should be.” I am trying to do God’s work. The more I leave to God the more I see how inadequate my attempts have been. I see now I can do something. I can work on aligning my thinking and actions with God. This puts the focus where is needs to be, on the spiritual.

I also found the following from an article on our carousel called, Leaving Things with God by Blanche Hersey Hogue

“Leaving things with God means letting go of things personal and human. He who strives to find out what God thinks is right, instead of deciding for himself what is right, is being taught of God, and things that bless everybody not only occur to him, but are taken care of for him.”

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by spencel.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.