Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"Occupy till I come! Wait for your reward…"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Doctrine of Atonement – October 15th, 2017 "Occupy till I come! Wait for your reward…"

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rae
    Participant

Thank you for the lesson, I’ve underlined most of it!

“Work out your own salvation,” is the demand of Life and Love, for to this end God worketh with you. “Occupy till I come!” Wait for your reward, and “be not weary in well doing.” 22:11-14

This was just the message I needed this morning. Especially the last command, “be not weary in well doing.” I caught sight of the truth. I of myself do nothing, it is He that does the work through me so how can I ever be weary or discouraged?

Be aware of the deceiver…

Then I came across Watch No. 317 (500 Watching Points by the Carpenters) that was a perfect match.

“WATCH lest you become discouraged and feel that your work in sweeping the leaves off your sidewalk has availed nothing, because there is a fresh lot waiting for you the next morning. You are expected to continue your sweeping cheerfully, until the trees have shed all their leaves.” …

The Master said, “He that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.