Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

One Mind

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rae
    Participant

Thanks for the Bible lesson on Mind. Thank you, Florence, for your helpful comments.

This morning I came across 467:9-10,in S&H.
    “It should be thoroughly understood that all men have one Mind, one God and Father,
    one Life, Truth, and Love.”

When observing the news of the world, I’m working on remembering this Truth and not
    lapsing into judgment. Everything is about as real as we want to make it. Right?

Blessings,
    Rae

spencel
    Participant

Thank you for your post. The label “judgement” was a good alert to be aware of where my thoughts are taking me. I am grateful for this powerful Bible lesson and its perfect healing antidote to the news of many clashing minds.

“Mind. The only I, or Us; the only Spirit, Soul, divine Principle, substance, Life, Truth, Love; the one God; not that which is in man, but the divine Principle, or God, of whom man is the full and perfect expression; Deity, which outlines but is not outlined.” S. & H.

The part of this definition of Mind, ” The only I, or Us” has been a great Truth for me to remember this week when the picture of division presents itself.

In the Address titled, “War” Martha Wilcox writes,
    ….each individual must see and hear with new distinctiveness and understanding. Jesus said, “Let him that readeth understand,” and the prophet Jeremiah said, “What seest thou?” If we read and see from the material sense of things, there will be “discord and dismay,” but if we read and see from the spiritual vision, then there will be “science and peace.” We make our own choice.”Addresses of Martha Wilcox p. 390

chardelle

Thank you both. This is a perfect Lesson for all times and especially helpful this week. Mrs. Eddy said something that I think of often.
    “Oh God, show me Thy way and keep me in that way.” WPA P 72. This is true for my daily life and my thinking.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.