Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

One True Cause, Mind

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 209 Mind, supreme over all its formations and governing them all, is the central sun of its own systems of ideas, the life and light of all its own vast creation; and man is tributary to divine Mind.

From Webster’s 1828 TRIB’UTARY, noun One that pays tribute or a stated sum to a conquering power, for the purpose of securing peace and protection, or as an acknowledgment of submission, or for the purchase of security.

This gives a beautiful image of God as the only true Cause, above all and all else including man “tributary to divine Mind.” One Cause and its effect. This is the “Sun and its rays” concept again; our oneness with our Father-Mother, reflecting all that Mind is! As the Scientific Statement of Being says; All is Infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation for God is all in all! SH.

parthens
    Participant

Mildred Le Blond wrote, “When Mrs. Eddy announced that, ‘all is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation,’ she did something for the human race it cannot ever escape, and which will do more to lift the human race out of fears and limitations than any statement ever made by anyone.” One of Mrs. Le Blond’s readers confirmed this, exclaiming, “Yes! It was this very statement that was used by the practitioner who healed my mother of blindness, my father on his deathbed, and my little brother of double hernia. I was seven years old, but I can still hear my parents repeating this statement with the conviction that it would heal them.

“As I have testified before, my mother’s sight was restored in three treatments. Then my father asked for treatment and was healed the same day, in one treatment. When my parents spoke to the practitioner about my little brother’s condition, she said, ‘You know what healed you, just keep knowing All is Infinite Mind manifested.‘ The next day it was found that the little truss he had been wearing was no longer needed. That same statement in Science and Health – understood by the practitioner – had healed him, too. Those three, almost instantaneous, healings in Christian Science have been the watershed experience of my life.”

Florence
    Participant

Thanks for these references as they affirm that all our studying, striving to understand should lead us ultimately to KNOW this Truth: God’s Allness and therefore the nothingness of all else; as in the first commandment: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” Exodus 20.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.