Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Only Purity Could Reflect Truth and Love

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Christian Science – December 25th, 2016 Only Purity Could Reflect Truth and Love

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 323 Mary’s conception of him was spiritual, for only purity could reflect Truth and Love, which were plainly incarnate in the good and pure Christ Jesus.

It is interesting how much the word purity has to do with freedom… This verse shows we need that freedom in order to reflect Truth and Love (the most potent methods as read in SH). Church is the structure of Truth and Love; being a part of it must improve our realization of these two qualities. If we are not feeling this, we must ask why?

From Webster 1828:1. Freedom from foreign admixture or heterogeneous matter
    2. Cleanness; freedom from foulness or dirt;
    3. Freedom from guilt or the defilement of sin; innocence; as purity of heart or life.
    4. Chastity; freedom from contamination by illicit sexual connection.
    5. Freedom from any sinister or improper views; as the purity of motives or designs.
    6. Freedom from foreign idioms, from barbarous or improper words or phrases; as purity of style or language.

Florence
    Participant

We cannot allow mortal mind to deceive us into thinking we truly understand some of these important words; since a reminder of the spiritual meaning of some words such as purity can motivate a revisit to Psalms like:

Psalm 51:
    2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
    7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
    10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 19:
    12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
    13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

Thank God we can discover these faults as NOT a part of our being or anyone else’s and be free from them!

Christian Science is here, are we doing our part to feel the love and freedom its message awaits to give?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.