Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Open my eyest that I may see

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 13th, 2017 Open my eyest that I may see

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Linda Russell
    Participant

I read this in a book around Christmas time and sing it often to myself. It has new meaning to me as a result of our study this week.
    I thought it appropriate to share here this week.
    It is from a hymn by Clare Scott.

Open my eyes, that I may see
    Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
    Place in my hands the wonderful key
    That shall unclasp and set me free.

Open my ears, that I may hear
    Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
    And while the wave notes fall on my ear,
    Everything false will disappear

Florence
    Participant

This is a beautiful prayer since it was Jesus’ correct view of man that healed the sick! We must all desire this view so that we can see ourselves correctly and see others in the same true light. As one author put it: Father you were there, what did you see?

This is a wonderful question to ask ourselves when animal magnetism presents its false pictures; we can always expect that what God reveals to us is the opposite harmonious view contrary to the lies of mortal mind!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.