Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Operation of divine Principle

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Unreality – April 2nd, 2017 Operation of divine Principle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“The physical healing of Christian Science results now, as in Jesus’ time, from the operation of divine Principle, before which sin and disease lose their reality in human consciousness and disappear as naturally and as necessarily as darkness gives place to light and sin to reformation…” I love this statement from S&H which is in the week’s lesson. It is so full of comfort, inspiration, and simplicity. As we let divine Principle operate in our life, healing comes about naturally and also necessarily! It is a simple process, just as simple as darkness giving way to the light. It is also divinely natural and necessary for sin to give way to reformation. The whole world is being transformed by the operation of God’s laws –this divine principle. The leaven of Truth is ever at work. The signs are here of Immanuel, or “God with us.”!

MaryBeth
    Participant

The next sentences in that citation is “Now, as then, these mighty works are not supernatural but supremely natural. They are a sign of Immanuel, or ‘God with us,’ – a divine influence ever present in human consciousness and repeating itself, coming now as was promised aforetime….” At one time, I had difficulty feeling the power and presence of God with me. I would work often with these statements, knowing God WAS with me and nothing could prevent me from feeling His Love and His presence. One thing that helped immeasurably was to be grateful – to be aware of all the good that would transpire during the day and to know the source was in God and to humbly thank Him for it. Gratitude instantly connects one with the Father. When we seek to know and feel God’s presence – we CAN know and feel God’s presence but it must be the great desire of one’s heart.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.