Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Our Prayers Reach Everywhere Because God is Infinite

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Our Prayers Reach Everywhere Because God is Infinite

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ldshap
    Participant

I was reminded of the account of one of the healings by Mrs. Eddy (shared in the paragraph below) during this past Sunday’s RoundTable (7/23/23) when the following quote was shared from Bicknell Young’s article “The Practice of Christian Science,” as it relates to the 24/7 watches being done by Plainfield Church members: “Become aware of the Truth that God, which is the individual Mind of this universe, is the one and only Mind. All that is necessary for the Truth to express Itself is to be received in the consciousness of one individual, and it immediately takes effect in the consciousness of all who are attuned! Even if they are not directly your patients — somewhere persons in a hospital, prison, on a desert island, individuals who are reaching out to their highest concept of God, reaching out for help, are healed! Though they do not know how or why, and you do not know who they are, — still it is true, since God is the Mind of me, and God is the Mind of you — because there is only that ONE MIND!” Our prayers reach everywhere because God is infinite!

“A young woman was suffering from TB and decided to travel from her home in England to the coast of Australia hoping the climate would cure her. It didn’t, and instead grew worse, but while sitting on the beach one day she was suddenly well, completely and permanently. She went back to England and discovered her friends had taken up Christian Science. Her friends wanted to go to America and had an appointment with Mrs. Eddy. The young woman wrote the time and place of her healing on a piece of paper and gave it to her friends. She had a strong feeling that Mrs. Eddy should be told of her healing. The friend took the paper and gave it to Mrs. Eddy, giving the facts of the healing. Mrs. Eddy’s face shone and she explained that at that particular time she put her finger on the globe as far as possible from herself and sent forth a healing prayer. She had touched the coast of Australia where the girl had been healed. Now she could put in her textbook the statement, ‘the still, small voice of scientific thought reaches over continent and ocean to the globe’s remotest bound.’ She had known it was true but did not wish to include it until she had first proved it.” (SOURCE: Sentinel audio chat December 22, 2015 by Douglas Keith, called “How is Christ Our Savior?”)

jacodebr7545ba
    Participant

What I like about some of the writings of poets and mystics is that they are more Scientific than the mostly Scholastic Christianity of the present world, more free of matter-beliefs and of a wrong concept of a superior being. What hit home with me lately was a sentence in my notebook from the 1875 edition of S&H.
    The sensations of the material senses…. in no way proceed from matter.
    God is Creator of consciusness, soul, thoughts, only. The limitless Spirit without beginning or end cannot produce a creation made of matter. Divine Mind’s thoughts and ideas constitute the only substance. There is no objective universe or world. Reality is subjective, and as an image and likeness it depends on our receptivity and our ability to reflect the divine substance, the mind of Christ, Life, Truth and Love.

jacodebr7545ba
    Participant

The only thing that burns in hell is the part of you that won’t let go of your life: your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away, but they’re not punishing you, they’re freeing your soul. If you’re frightened of dying and you’re holding on, you’ll see devils tearing your life away. If you’ve made your peace, then the devils are really angels freeing you from the earth.
    The eye with which I see God is the same with which God sees me. My eye and God’s eye is one eye, and one sight, and one knowledge, and one love.
    Meister Eckhart.
    He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
    St. Matthew 10:39.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.