Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Our Real Grandeur?

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH p 516:9 “God fashions all things, after His own likeness.” How wonderful is that?! Mrs Eddy on pg 39 of SH, referring to Christ Jesus says, “Meekly our Master met the mockery of his unrecognized grandeur.” It was the conviction of this grandeur, as the image and likeness of God, the expression of Soul, that sustained Him and made Him triumphant over all wrong, even death!Thus He loved enough to recognize the grandeur of others and healed them! (Emphasis added).

In one of Bicknell Young’s article’s on Aggressive Mental Suggestion and Malpractice he asks us the question; “Don’t you think it would heal you to recognize your real grandeur?” I suffered needlessly, as has many, because of this lack of self-knowledge. I felt unworthy and was fearful for so long, until Christian Science taught me my real grandeur, as the image and likeness of God.

This Lesson is waking us up to the Truth of our being, it is telling us we are not fallen, we are not matter, we need not suffer any longer if we will obey what God alone knows about us, what is our real grandeur! From “A Prayer,” an excerpt from Collectanea, on the carousel now, we read; “I am that spiritual man, I am God’s image and likeness, reflecting a full, perfect image of Life, Mind, action, etc., not under material laws or limitations.” How grand is that?

Colleen Mostika
    Participant

Thank you so much for this, Florence! What an awe inspired idea that we should behold of ourselves and others now!

Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.