Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Patience, Perseverance, Centered In God Alone

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God — July 5th, 2020 Patience, Perseverance, Centered In God Alone

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

“When the destination is desirable, expectation speeds our progress.”
    (Science and Health, Mary Baker Eddy, 426:8–9)

Last Wednesday’s readings on patience and perseverance were an important reminded to me that “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow.” (Orison Swett Marden)

The readings also reminded me of Habakkuk 3:17-18 — the prophet’s insistence on keeping his full attention upon God alone, offering unconditional thanksgiving despite what seemed to his human sense long-delayed answer to his prayer for the deliverance of his nation from the repeated attacks of its enemies:

Although the fig tree shall not blossom,
    neither shall fruit be in the vines;
    the labour of the olive shall fail,
    and the fields shall yield no meat;
    the flock shall be cut off from the fold,
    and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
    Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.